Harts Forest
Welcome to Harts Forest! This is an invite-only forum with a big focus on roleplay, though we do have sections for other topics as well. If you've been invited, let whoever invited you know your username so they can get it to an admin to activate your account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Harts Forest
Welcome to Harts Forest! This is an invite-only forum with a big focus on roleplay, though we do have sections for other topics as well. If you've been invited, let whoever invited you know your username so they can get it to an admin to activate your account.
Harts Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exile (PG-13)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Exile (PG-13) Empty Exile (PG-13)

Post  amelias-hart 21st May 2011, 8:35 pm

Exile (PG-13)

Long ago, the gorgeous world of Atlantis stood proud off the coast of Greece. Unfortunately, after that, it sunk under water and we don't really know anything else about. And, that has nothing to do with our story.
I'm kidding, I'm kidding. I wouldn't say that if it wasn't important. The reason why I started it that way was because this is about ancient civilizations. Not like archeological. Like the last people.
There are eight famous civilizations that have disappeared that we can't explain what happened to them. I doubt we ever will. Even if we met the last members of those cultures.
Over the years, a small number of each civilization survived. Their culture was gone, but after about eight years, that lost culture become part of themselves. They developed abilities, powers, magic of a sort.
Slowly, their numbers faded. The biggest example of this was Roanoke Island. No one ever found out what happened. No one knows.

Now is the time to find out. There are eight people left of each of those civilizations. They are the last of their kind. And they are hunted. Their knowledge and power is chased after, with the dark desire to let it be lost forever.
Black Knights. That's what they call themselves. Hunting the Exiles of lost civilizations, trying to kill them. The last ones. To bury those secrets forever.
So, what are you going to do about it?

Note on story: Ready to get ancient?

Rules:

~ Keep cursing to a minimum
~ No playing as other people players, unless they allow it
~ No all ooc posts
~ Follow all other rules for RPs
~ Post in third person only
~ One Exiles per person
~ Send profiles to me titled "Exiled" with a geek in it

Civilizations ~

Atlantis -
Location of Disappearance ~ Off the coast of Greece
Power ~Atlantis is known for sinking beneath the ocean and disappearing forever, so it makes since that the last member of its society can control water and is practically a fish when swimming (literally part fish).

The Maya -
Location of Disappearance ~ Present day Mexico
Power ~ The Mayans had many gods and mythology. Whether or not it was true, the Exile of this civilization can control the creatures native to the Yucatan and turn into the jaguar.

Clovis People -
Location of Disappearance ~ Western North America
Power ~ The Clovis people have left behind many things, but the most well known is its arrowheads. This is why their Exile is a skilled shot and also may change into the symbol animals of the Plains.

The Chachapoya -
Location of Disappearance ~ Present day Peru
Power ~ The Chachapoya were called the "warriors of the clouds." Their own culture vanished when they were taken over by the Inca or so people think. Their Exile can of course control wind and has natural survival skills.

Easter Island -
Location of Disappearance ~ Middle of the Pacific Ocean (Easter Island)
Power ~ Before the present day inhabitants were on Easter Island, there was a tribe that came, bringing the Moi statues with them. Their Exile is a master craftsmen with any material and amazing tech.

Megalith builders -
Location of Disappearance ~England
Power ~ Nothing can be found about this at all. All we know it that the Exile can control stone and are master architects.

Roanoke Island -
Location of Disappearance ~ Off the coast of present day U.S.A.
Power ~ The members of Roanoke Island were colonists to the new world when they disappeared. Their Exile has the gift of shapeshifting to other humans and camouflage.

Jomon -
Location of Disappearance ~ Present day Japan
Power ~ The Jomon was the culture before the culture that would become modern Japanese began to grow. Their Exile, other than being the best fisherman around, they can use the cherry blossoms and shadow casting to create illusions.

Cannon ~

Atlantis Exile -/-
The Maya Exile Chana/This Chic
Clovis People Exile Waneta/horsesrule3
The Chachapoya Exile -/-
Easter Island Exile -/-
Megalith Builders Exile -/-
Roanoke Island Exile -/-
Jomon Exile Ryuu/Avenger

Profiles:

Exiles - One of the eight Exiles. They never stay in one place for long because the Black Knights always show up.
Code:
[i]Exiles[/i]
[u]Name:[/u] [b]Your Character's Name[/b]
[u]Age:[/u]
[u]Gender:[/u]
[u]Background:[/u]
[u]Culture:[/u] (Which ancient culture are they from?)
[u]Extra:[/u]
[u]Looks:[/u]

Black Knights - Someone trying to kill the Exiles
Code:
[i]Black Knights[/i]

Rights - Someone who is against the Black Knights
Code:
[i]Rights[/i]

Regular - Someone who is important but doesn't help the Exiles
Code:
[i]Regular[/i]

Characters:

Chana
Zec
Rachel
Gabriel
Waneta
Hank
Josline
Ryuu
Leka

OOC chat, profiles here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by echosound on 31st July 2014, 7:20 am; edited 3 times in total
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Exile (PG-13) Empty Re: Exile (PG-13)

Post  amelias-hart 21st May 2011, 8:36 pm

This RP is approved by the mod squad.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 21st May 2011, 9:32 pm

Chana felt dirt beneath her paws. The Mayan dress features and jewelry bounced as she raced through the woods. She was somewhere in Colorado. She knew that. She had seen a sign for Denver and was already coming into the front range of the Rockies.

It was hard to run here. She wasn't acclimated yet. She had been in lower levels for a few years now. She felt awful, feeling out of shape. Even as a jaguar, she was not being able to keep up as well.

The big problem was that she stood out like a, well, a big spotted yellow-orange feline. Gun shots make wood fly all around her. New scents, scared creatures, unknown land. Chana's mind reeled, trying to get through this.

A cliff opened swiftly in front of Chana's feet. Without stopping, Chana fell into the ten foot cliff. She landed roughly on her paws and racing on down the ravine. The gun shot ceased behind her as she went on.

Zec sat in New York, watching the streets. He was getting ready to take a plane towards Europe. He was sure one of the Exiles would be there.

Rachel walked along the stone streets of Rome. Behind her brother, Gabriel, was talking in Italian to their tour guide as they got closer to Juliet's Wall. Rachel glanced back at her brother, who was taking notes as he was walking and apologizing to people for accidentally running into them.

Turning back to the road, Rachel looked around at the sights. This was absolutely beautiful. She felt like, well, the expression is a kid in a candy shop. Rachel certainly did feel amazing to be here.
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  horsesrule3 25th May 2012, 10:04 am

Waneta pulled her long dark hair back into a ponytail. She had spent weeks traveling and was now in a town. To her dismay, it looked like a big town, maybe even a city. She usually tried to avoid populated places because there was a greater chance she would cross plaths with a Black Knight. Oh well she thought they probably have a mall, where I can update my wardrobe. Looking down at her worn Moccasins, tattered tan pants, and old t-shirt she knew she stood out like a sore thumb.

Hank swivelled around in his desk chair to look out the window of his office. By day he was a sales associate, but by night he was a Black Knight. And right now he had just secured a job out west in Colorado, where he felt sure he would find the little Clovis Exile. Looking at his watch he grabbed his suitcase and coat and started out for the New York airport.

Josline rolled out of bed and looked at the clock. Lately she had been sleeping in for an absurd amount of time. Quickly she got ready for the day, and headed out. On her way to the cafe where she always had breakfast, lately lunch, she spotted a tour. Even though she lived in Rome she still loved the tours. As inconspiculously as she could, she slipped into the back of the group.
horsesrule3
horsesrule3
Witch
Witch

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 25th May 2012, 10:50 am

Heaving for breath, Chana dropped in the shade of a pine. After the drop, her front right paw slightly twisted itself and she had to stop her mad dash while it recovered. The shade was cool on her skin as she shifted back. She tried to slow her breathing, but the lack of air made it more and more difficult to do so.

Gabriel brushed shoulder with a young lady, repeating once more, "Spiacente, scusimi." As he was continuing to jot down notes from he and Rachel's exploration of the city, his voice has a certain lack of concern, and betrayed his typically perfect accent.
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  horsesrule3 25th May 2012, 7:42 pm

ooc: I hope that young lady is Josline....

Waneta smiled as she paid the cashier in cash, she tried not to leave a credit card trail. She walked across the mall to the restroom so she could change. After slipping into her new jeans, moccasins, blouse and jacket she disposed of her old clothes. Time to explore..

Hank gritted his teeth in annoyance. He hated airport security, they were so incompetant. In addition his carry on contained some, questionable legal equipment.

Josline smiled, "e ok," even though the guy didn't seem to notice. She turned her attention back to the tour guide, she almost had the whole tour memorized.
horsesrule3
horsesrule3
Witch
Witch

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 25th May 2012, 8:59 pm

ooc: Yes it was

The tour swung into the small square next to Juliet's wall. Rachel slowed her pace until she was next to Gabriel, then nudged him. He blinked, suddenly aware again, muttered for a moment before connecting back to reality, "Hm? Oh, we're here." He started to lower his head again, glancing up only to search from a bench.

Rachel closed the book around his hand. She said, "We're in Rome, Gabriel. You can write later."

Already half focused again, he replied, "I need to write when it's fresh."

"Gabriel, you nearly have a photographic memory. It's always fresh to you."

He rubbed his cheek, slightly to wake him up, otherwise it was a sign of mental debate. Readjusting his glasses after the motion, he sighed and answered, "Fine. What is it you're looking for now?"

Rachel lowered her voice a bit, replying, "I think someone's behind the wall. Or something. I don't know, but there are too many, well, I would otherwise say paranormal, but enchanted events to simply pass off to vigilante romance groups."

"For a young lady with a planned masters in science, you sure believe in a lot of magic."

"Will you just trust me?"

Still reluctant, he asked, "Where is it?"

"What?"

"You need me to translate something. That's the only reason you need my help. Where is it?"

"Even I had it, you couldn't translate it."

Gabriel raised a curious eyebrow, asking, "What do you mean? I can speak-"

"It's not one of them."

"Huh?"

It was Rachel's turn to sigh. She answered, "I'm fairly certain that language has something to do with a lost language...for one of the lost cultures."

Gabriel showed audible and visual irritation at the statement. Covering his face with his free hand, he shook his head, saying, "Not these again, Rachel."
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  horsesrule3 26th May 2012, 8:18 am

Josline tried not to eavesdrop, until she heard lost language. From her experience there were three things that could be going on. 1. the two people ahead of her were infact random people that had nothing to do with Exiles. 2. they were Rights. 3. they were Black Knights. Hoping that they were rights she walked up next to the girl. "Excuse me, I overheard you talking about a 'lost language'. You mean like one from the Exiles?" Really Josline, that was the best thing you could come up with? She crossed her fingers they weren't Black Knights.
horsesrule3
horsesrule3
Witch
Witch

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 26th May 2012, 9:38 am

Gabriel pressed his hand against his face as his sister's face lit up with delight. He expressed his feelings with a groan before Rachel replied, "That's exactly it, well, I suppose. I've never heard of the term 'Exiles', but I suppose the lost cultures are exiled from normal circumstances. How funny, to meet someone here who knows about it. Considering how close we are to where Atlantis was, I would think that it's that. Of course, there's no chance of translating it now." She eyed her brother.

With a sign, Gabriel answered, "Rachel, I told you those languages don't exist. And if they did, I would not be able to translate them for you."

Rachel just chuckled.
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  horsesrule3 27th May 2012, 5:22 am

Josline looked between the two. They didn't seem like they were exactly Rights but now she was excited at the opportunity to convert two people into Rights. "You are right on the money, execpt the lost languages aren't so lost. See the Exiles are decendants of the people of the lost cultures. They each have some special power, most of the time shapeshifting. I would guess that they retain some knowledge of their culture. Do you know what culture it's from?"
horsesrule3
horsesrule3
Witch
Witch

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 27th May 2012, 8:01 am

Rachel leaned back a bit with her arms crossed. Even her brother was a bit surprised, "I have to side with Gabriel on that and say that's a bit extreme. The chances for lost cultures to still be around are slim, considering all the work researchers, myself and Gabriel included, have put in to finding them."

She offered a smile as she went on, "That would make a great book though. Very interesting theory."

Rachel took a small sidestep towards Gabriel which suggested that she meant to return to her earlier conversation, but not in a way that said the young woman to get lost. She pulled out an old sheet of paper from her back pocket and handed it to Gabriel.

Even if he wasn't an archeologist (well, to-be archeologist), he still knew how to handle artifacts properly. It could have been his respect to written work, no matter the age of it, or Rachel's constant, and somethings violent, reminders how to treat parchments.

As Gabriel turned it around, he went through his normal checklist for translation for his sister. Age, around 10,000 years ago, original, somewhere around the Mediterranean, language, certainly not Greek. He didn't bother asking where Rachel found it. That answers were usually the same. He instead said, "This looks familiar. Greek, but it's not. The letters are wrong. Not Latin either." He snapped his fingers, "That stone we visited, the one with the unknown runes on it in Greece. Well, of course I can't translate it."

Rachel teased lightly, "Out of all the languages you know, you can't translate it."

Gabriel answered, "Rachel, there are thousands of possibilities for this. Whether it's a letter system like English or Greek, or a word system like Chinese. And even then, there are thousands of words that could go here. The chances of translating this correctly by a guess are next to impossible, and I don't have the information provided to do this logically. I would need a decipher."

Rachel's face lost some of its excitement.
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  horsesrule3 28th May 2012, 4:55 pm

Josline sighed inaudibly, they were going to be harder to convince than she had thought. She enjoyed challenges. That paper had something similar to Greek written on it, what, lost culture...

"Atlantis," she blurtted out by mistake. A little embarrasses, she felt the need to explain, "Your paper.." A funny feeling made her stop and change her tatic, "Where did you find it?"
horsesrule3
horsesrule3
Witch
Witch

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 28th May 2012, 8:38 pm

Rachel said with a grin, "That is rather the idea of the letter, not that he'll believe it."

She explained as Gabriel puzzled over the letter, "I found it in an excavation during my first year at college. I never had a chance to get it translate. And honestly I rather forgot about it."
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  horsesrule3 30th May 2012, 7:16 am

Josline nodded and peered over at the paper. None of the letters looked familiar, unfortunately she had spent the least of her time studying Atlantis. "What kind of translator do you need? I mean, is there any that could decode this?" She had another idea, "Would a code breaker work better?"
horsesrule3
horsesrule3
Witch
Witch

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 30th May 2012, 8:11 am

Gabriel replied, "Typically, like on the Rosetta Stone for example, when you have a language to translate, there is the same sentence, paragraph, or listing of the alphabet in all the languages, making it possible to translate. If we only had five or so of those letters, it would change this completely. Well, depending on the letters, but knowing a few changes what words are still possible from the rest of the paragraph."
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  horsesrule3 31st May 2012, 7:25 am

Josline shook her head, not quite following. "Can I copy it on to a sheet of paper?" Multiple ideas where whirling through her head, unusual for this time of day.
horsesrule3
horsesrule3
Witch
Witch

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 31st May 2012, 7:39 am

A shimmer ran across Gabriel's glasses as he looked at the woman as if she had asked for a kidney. When Rachel didn't make a move to agree with her or argue with him, Gabriel replied, "I'm sorry, since when did we start playing team parents. We've just met you, and I'm not entirely certain we can trust you."
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  horsesrule3 31st May 2012, 7:49 am

ooc: *Gasp*

Josline nodded but didn't say anything for a minute. Not the reaction she was hoping for. They might not trust her but she was emotionally invested now. Something in the back of her head told her that paper would lead them to an Exile, or at least point them in the right direction. Pushing those thoughts aside she replied, "Sorry, I got a little carried away. Yeah, I tend to do that a lot." She smiled a little.
horsesrule3
horsesrule3
Witch
Witch

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 31st May 2012, 7:53 am

Gabriel muttered, "Uh-hm," before returning to his work.

Rachel shook her head, offering, "Don't mind him. He's still got jet lag." It was a bit of an exaggeration, but she knew the woman needed to hear something of an explanation after being totally turned down.
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  horsesrule3 31st May 2012, 8:07 am

Josline glanced down at her watch, thankful that she needed to go. "It was nice talking to you. I have to run. Enjoy the rest of the tour. And, hey if you decide you like some help I'm the only Josline in the phone book." She smiled her goodbye and started to walk off but a a thought crossed her mind and she turned around, "I don't know how much you believe in Exiles or Black Knights, but I would be extra careful with that, until you know exactly what it says." With that she began the familiar walk to her office.
horsesrule3
horsesrule3
Witch
Witch

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 31st May 2012, 8:13 am

Gabriel rolled his eyes, muttering to himself, "Josline what? I don't remember listings by first names."

Rachel jabbed him in the side, whether or not she had heard the comment she didn't say. She waved with a smile, not admitting aloud that she was worried for the woman's sanity. She knew there were unknown things out there, but putting so much conviction and belief behind these Exiles was...a bit of an obsession. Josline seemed nice enough, Rachel didn't really want her to have to go to a clinic for it.
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  horsesrule3 31st May 2012, 8:19 am

ooc: you are going to force me to make another Black Knight or bring Hank? out here to prove it to them...

Josline looked at her watch again, it was really to early to go see Mark about this whole thing, but then again she wouldn't be able to wait until dark. Turning right at the next street she headed toward his appartment. The little stone fronted building was pretty, with ivy growing up the left side of house. She jogged up the steps and rang the door bell. No answer.
horsesrule3
horsesrule3
Witch
Witch

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 31st May 2012, 8:28 am

ooc: I'm going to force you to trust me. Besides, I already have my Black Knight on a place to Europe, so calm down about bring in the forces

With a sigh of discontent, Rachel said, "You didn't have to do that."

Gabriel replied, obviously uncertain of what she meant, "Yes, I did."

Snatching the paper from his hand, Rachel answered, "No, you didn't, Gabriel. You could have handled it a little more, I don't know, gently."

Rolling his eyes, Gabriel stated, "We didn't know her. What do you expect, me to invite her over for dinner? This is reality, remember?"

Rachel sighed again before walking off. Gabriel followed her, saying, "Alright, I'm sorry, for what ever I did, but be realistic here, Rachel. She could have been trying to sell use something. You said it yourself, it sounded like a great book."

He planted himself in front of her, his hands resting on her shoulders, "I'm just trying to look out for you, Rachel."

She smiled, and laughed a bit, "I know."

Stepping back to walking beside her, Gabriel wrapped an arm over her shoulder, and asked, "Now how about dinner? The locals have complimented this little restaurant over and over again, and I'm starved just thinking about it."

Rachel nodded and followed him as he made his way to this sidewalk cafe.
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  horsesrule3 31st May 2012, 8:40 am

ooc: I was joking... tongue But I'll trust you anyway

Josline rang the door bell again. No answer. Giving up trying to be civil she pressed it repeatedly until the door flew open to reveal a less than happy Mark. "What do you want?"
Josline smiled, "It's nice to see you too, Mark." Not waiting for a reply she stepped into the little apartment.
"You still haven't answered my question."
"I need your amazing linguist skills." She ran her finger along a shelf of text books until she found one. Carrying it over to a chair she sat down and began flipping through it.

horsesrule3
horsesrule3
Witch
Witch

Back to top Go down

Post  amelias-hart 31st May 2012, 8:48 am

Zec stepped off his plane and looked around the city. He spotted a Black Knight in a hallway, and several other members of his organization around assured him that there was an Exile nearby. He grinned as he headed to find his luggage.

Gabriel smiled as the woman she set down their drinks and appetizer. Naturally, he responded, "Grazie, signora. CiĆ² sembra divina." She blushed a bit, before replying her thanks in Italian and walking off.

Rachel asked, "How is it that you are so friendly to the locals and not to someone who speaks our own language?"

"It's customary, and it does look amazing, doesn't it," he replied.

Rachel sneered lightly, "It's more like flattery, really." They both laughed a bit before trying the platter of food laid between them.
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum