Harts Forest
Welcome to Harts Forest! This is an invite-only forum with a big focus on roleplay, though we do have sections for other topics as well. If you've been invited, let whoever invited you know your username so they can get it to an admin to activate your account.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Harts Forest
Welcome to Harts Forest! This is an invite-only forum with a big focus on roleplay, though we do have sections for other topics as well. If you've been invited, let whoever invited you know your username so they can get it to an admin to activate your account.
Harts Forest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The World In Retrograde {Waiting for 2, preferably more, people to join}

3 posters

Go down

The World In Retrograde {Waiting for 2, preferably more, people to join} Empty The World In Retrograde {Waiting for 2, preferably more, people to join}

Post  amelias-hart 23rd February 2014, 11:14 pm

The World In Retrograde

The world is ending. I suppose that’s a rather general summary of it. So, what happened exactly? Well, for once, nothing humans caused.
You know what happened? The magnetic field reversed. Since you probably have no idea what that means, let me explain. For years, the magnetic field has been getting weaker. Historically, this happens before the magnetic field flips. In the period of time in between when north is south, and south becomes north, the magnetic field is all but there. This allows for harmful radiation waves from the Sun to enter Earth’s atmosphere.
We saw this coming. We knew it was going to happen. So what did we do about it? Nothing. Increases in radiation meant increases in cancer rates, and increases in cancer could mean two things: a cure to cancer or more deaths. Take a guess what happened here.
With the global economy plummeting from increases in cancer, the world chose another two options: live it out here or in space.
Nearly half the population of Earth left on a space cruiser meant to endure the apocalypse on Earth. It didn’t take long for their super computers to reassess the programming and enslave all the passengers to maintain a population of three billion for, as far as any of us know, eternity. Not to mention, the humans, if you can still call them at, were still equally likely to be exposes to the radiation. The only difference between in space and on Earth then was the computers ability to cure passengers in some minor way.
The remaining population on Earth was exposed to the radiation constantly through our shattered atmosphere. With the majority of the educated and wealthy on the ship to space, society collapsed. Pockets of cities became metal-junk heap compounds, trying to put anything and everything between the cities and the brutal sun.
With nothing stopping the Sun, plant life vanished outside of these camps. Barren wastelands span between cities, with little to nothing within the cities to begin with. Food was scarce, and the human race had to adapt to be able to survive. Since everyday is a scavenger hunt, the remaining technology was set up as a network to see who had survived and who had died while struggling through that day.
This is where our story begins.

OP Note: This will probably end up as a story somewhere, but I wanted to play with this world a bit before starting it. This is the summary of the plot! If you want more, use the drop down parts.

Rules:
~ Lastborn ARE NOT available for playing right now. They will be after a few pages of Earthborn and Starborn has been played. Also, there are not a lot of Lastborn. Keep them sparse! One to every ten of your other characters, at least. Not that you have to make ten other characters or a Lastborn.
~ You are welcome to make factions of your own! Make a gang, a city, an underground organization! Just remember that this will be extremely difficult for the Starborn, but it is possible. Lastborn can join these too, but they cannot create them themselves, due to their isolated origins.
~ I will have a sub-plot to direct you along, and if your group does get too close to it without being part of it, I might mention something to you to move away a bit. Other than that, free game to what you want to do!
~ Make pets! Pets are great, and only for Earthborn right now. Add them to your bio. Expect to lose a few at first.
~ I don't want to say expect to lose people, but you probably will. Less likely to be Lastborn because they are so important to my sub-plot, but there is still a chance that any of you could die. Or lose part of your body.
~ No godmodding (save through public allotment in planning of an absence)
~ Keep "stuff" private
~ Mind the filter
~ Post them here for approval, and I'll send them to the OOC for easier listing

The Earthborn:

The Starborn:

The Lastborn - Not Yet Introduced:

Characters Sheet
Code:
[center][img]looks[/img]
[size=24]Full Name[/size][/center]

[right]People call me [color=pick color]name[/color]
I am really [color=pick color]age[/color] years old
I am a [color=pick color]job[/color]
I was born a [color=pick color]Earth, Star, or Last[/color].[/right]

[left]Something people don’t know is: [color=pick color]history[/color][/left]

[right]I act like [color=pick color]personality[/color]
I am related to [color=pick color]family[/color]
I'm a master of [color=pick color]skill set[/color] but I'm also [color=pick color]weaknesses[/color][/right]

[left]If I were a song, I would sound like [color=pick color]song[/color].
People say that I remind them of[color=pick color]username[/color][/left]

OOC Link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by echosound on 28th July 2014, 8:00 am; edited 3 times in total
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

The World In Retrograde {Waiting for 2, preferably more, people to join} Empty Re: The World In Retrograde {Waiting for 2, preferably more, people to join}

Post  amelias-hart 23rd February 2014, 11:19 pm

This RP is approved by the mod squad!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by echosound on 8th March 2014, 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

The World In Retrograde {Waiting for 2, preferably more, people to join} Empty Re: The World In Retrograde {Waiting for 2, preferably more, people to join}

Post  amelias-hart 24th February 2014, 9:35 pm

Francis Blackwood

People call me Zero
I am really 21 years old
I am a doctor
I was born a Starborn.

Something people don’t know is: The history of a Starborn isn't particularly exciting. As a doctor, and a young doctor, I've seen more than my fair share of wounds. Wounds from work, not battle injuries. It has been my job to make sure people can return to work quickly. I wish I could take my skills back to Earth, but the likelihood of that is not great.

I act like a reserved person. My task doesn't mean making friends, it means pushing people through the system as quickly as possible. As such, I don't have very many friends. Then again, my hours are so long it's not like I'd have time to entertain them.
I am related to a family of doctors. Medicine runs in my family.
I'm a master of healing. I am a doctor after all. I am a very talented doctor, and the computer has even said that I can almost work miracles. I'm not sure what it means, but I'm also not terribly great at conversation. I help people get better, but I have never been one for actually taking part in normal day-to-day behaviors. Perhaps this makes me a little gullible, but I wouldn't know.

If I were a song, I would sound like Nothing Left To Say by Imagine Dragons.
People say that I remind them of echosound

Alexandra Richards

People call me Alex
I am really 17 years old
I am a apprentice
I was born a Earthborn.

Something people don’t know is: I was abandoned as a child. Perhaps my family all died or something, but I don't remember. I was too young.

Max found me and took me in. She's raised me and dealt with my less than pleasant behaviors for years now. We travel together, and she looks out for me. It's not easy for us, since there's only two of us and dozens of other gangs. Sometimes I think it would just be easier to leave her.

I act like a depressed teenager. There is something wrong with me, Max knows it. I just black out sometimes, and people end up hurt. I don't even know what happens, but honestly, it would be easier to just not be here. For everyone.
I am related to Max. She's my only family, even if she adopted me.
I'm a master of hand guns. Max doesn't usually give me loaded ones, but I am a master shot. It's rather impressive, but I'm also a time bomb. I'm likely to explode at any moment, and go out. I can't really control myself.

If I were a song, I would sound like Hear Me by Imagine Dragons.

Maxine Richards

People call me Max
I am really 37 years old
I am a bounty hunter
I was born a Earthborn.

Something people don’t know is: My family and their family before them worked as bounty hunters. The job isn't exactly profitable anymore, but it means I have a strong list of assets, but still carry my own weight as an independent fighter.

I rescued Alex when she was a babe. Her mother had whatever she had, and killed her husband, and herself. Whether it was fortunate or not that Alex was alive, I can't say, but it wasn't going to leave the child there. After all, I could never have kids myself, and I need someone to carry on my family line.

Alex and I grew close over the years. I don't really trust her with guns, since she's shot me a couple times in her black outs. But if we could find a way to help her get that under control, then...I'd do anything for that.

I act like an independent woman. What fears and insecurities I have, I'm pretty good at hiding them. The exception being Alex of course, I get to be defensive about her.
I am related to Alex, my adopted daughter.
I'm a master of stealth fighting, either with a gun or in hand to hand combat. It's a family trait, but I'm also not good with pistols, or shooting in a short range. My eye sight is going, and I can't judge those distances quite right. Not to mention, Alex.

If I were a song, I would sound like Tiptoe by Imagine Dragons.

Jasper Blackwood

People call me Jasper
I am really 27 years old
I am a computer genius
I was born a Starborn.

Something people don’t know is: I was born superior. Shortly after I began my schooling, the computer realized this and moved me to a private section of the ship, where I really became royalty. Since I, and the few others of our higher kind, are the only ones that can work with the computer, we towered of the rest of the ship in power. Our schedule really only includes meals and sleeping, since errors hardly ever occur on the ship.

I act like what I am, above everyone else.
I am related to two lowly parents, and the coward of a man, Zero. He doesn't recognize me, but he recognizes the name I gave him.
I'm a master of computers. I really am brilliant, and have one of the highest IQs ever recorded, which the computer has recognized, but I'm also not skilled in fighting. But why would I need to be? I am with the computer constantly.

If I were a song, I would sound like Problem by Becky G.

Reese Evans

People call me Ricket
I am really 31 years old
I am a gang leader
I was born a Earthborn.

Something people don’t know is: I abandoned my family when I was young. They were weak, and the gang who came through our town wasn't. It wasn't long until I took it over, and now we're a great terror across all of Earth.

I act like someone who is in charge. I crave power, and I don't hide it. I am merciless, and that is what has led to my success.
I am related to my pathetic younger siblings, Ryan and Rachel.
I'm a master of controlling a crowd and commanding them. I am the best leader anyone has seen in years, and I don't hide it. I use a rifle mostly, but I'm also not the brightest person ever, not with logic. I'd rather leave a man to die than bother with figuring out how to cure him.

If I were a song, I would sound like Monster by Imagine Dragons.

Richard Evans

People call me Ryan
I am really 24 years old
I am a scavenger
I was born a Earthborn.

Something people don’t know is: When my sister Reese left, she left me to look after my family. Our parents had finally succumbed to cancer, and I have to look after our younger sister, Rachel. It hasn't been easy on us, but lucky, our city hasn't been attacked in years, and we're surviving in something that could be called a home.

My dog, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and I go out everyday to see if we can find anything to help us through the day.

I act like a responsible young man. I've had to in order to survive. But I'd like to just relax one day, and set down with someone.
I am related to Rachel, and the gang leader, Ricket.
I'm a master of hunting whatever has survived and growing the frail plants that remain. I'm pretty good at hand to hand combat, I knew a boxer once, but I'm also not terribly good at thinking things through.

If I were a song, I would sound like On Top of the World by Imagine Dragons.

Rachel Evans

People call me Rachel
I am really 21 years old
I am a a scavenger
I was born a Earthborn.

Something people don’t know is: I was pretty young when Reese left and our parents died. Ryan has been looking out for me since then. He does a pretty good job, but I do a good part of it. I spend most of my time looking around the city to make sure our house stays up, and checking the network to make sure Ryan is alive, but occasionally Ryan takes me out with him to hunt.

I act like someone who is just trying to get by. I'm not sad, but I know we could do so much better. I always wonder what they ship up there is like. I'm sure it's nice.
I am related to Ryan, and to the gang leader, Ricket.
I'm a master of keeping plants alive, unlike Ryan, though he seems to think he is. I won't tell him other wise, but I'm also not very good at fighting. I know a little self defense, but I've never really learned more than I've had to.

If I were a song, I would sound like Hey Brother by Avicii.

ooc: I'll add some plot when more people join in!
amelias-hart
amelias-hart
Web Master

Back to top Go down

Post  Dahlia 8th March 2014, 9:38 am

Andrew Spear

People call me Dagger
I am really 23 years old
I am a scavenger
I was born a Earthborn.

Something people don’t know is: I don't really remember much about my family. The first thing I remember is being jostled as if a person holding me was running frantically, and the only view of the sky that I've ever seen, then the stars were gone and I was below ground, dropped into a hole. And the screaming... the screaming never ended.. whoever I was, thats gone now. The necklace I wear has my name and the day I was born on it, otherwise, I wouldn't even know my own name.

I act like a standoffish, quiet person. Though when I get mad, beware. "Demons run when a good man goes to war." but I wouldn't really call myself 'good'.
I am related to No one that I really know of. (yo, it's Miki)
I'm a master of thievery and anything to do with blades but I'm also too brave for my own good.

If I were a song, I would sound like You're Gonna Go Far Kid by The Offspring.
People say that I remind them ofAvenger

SF-A2 Miki

People call me Miki
I am really 17 years old
I am a singer
I was born a Starborn.

Something people don’t know is: my background is pretty standard, as far as I know, I have lived on the ship my whole life, never cared to be anywhere else.
(( This is what she knows, however, when she was younger, her body was very weak and she didn't live very long, but something took pity on her, the frail little husk of a girl, and her body was imprinted with artificial intelligence. Basically, her body was reinforced with new muscle (not that she is super strong, but just so she can continue living) and she is an imprint of herself, getting to live out her life when she should be dead. Don't know it its a dream come true or a nightmare. ))

I act like a bubbly, joyful girl with an average intelligence but a huge heart.
I am related to no one that I know of. (Dagger)
I'm a master of anything vocal, some people call me a Siren but I'm also not too bright and I get my feelings hurt easily and sulk about it

If I were a song, I would sound like Defying Gravity from Wicked the Musical.
People say that I remind them ofAvenger
Dahlia
Dahlia
Hart
Hart

Back to top Go down

Post  Caelestis 17th June 2014, 7:48 pm

Kerry Briand

People call me Jackal
I am really 22 years old
I am a gang member (assassin branch)
I was born a Earthborn.

Something people don’t know is: I was trained in the act of murder since before I could remember. My parents were killed while moving to another city when I was five. Killed by a small gang seeking young children to raise as killers. Raises their chances of of gaining more power when half of their members knew how to hold a gun before they learned to read, I suppose.

I have a cat, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], who keeps me company at the base.

I act like a killer. It's what I was raised to do, what gives me purpose, and what I consider joy.

Most people have described me as having a "quirky sense of humor" and being dangerous, without inner direction, and hiding an emotional "tempest" underneath.

Because I learned young that who you are doesn't matter in this world, but rather what you do, I have no concern for who I am. But sometimes, I have to wonder the source of this inner yearning I feel.  

I am related to my mentor, Ashe, an impeccable gang leader and former mercenary who has taught me most of what I know today and given me my name.
I'm a master of guns and hiding in the shadows, skills that I have been taught since young. I can make, apply and discern many different poisons  but I'm also terrible with people, and am not a leader. I prefer to have someone to follow. I have no idea how to scavenge for food, or care for plants.

If I were a song, I would sound like The Hollow by A Perfect Circle.
People say that I remind them of Caelestis

Lucia Aubert

People call me Lucy
I am really 21 years old
I am an artist and graphic designer
I was born a Starborn.

Something people don’t know is: When my brother was diagnosed with a severe cancer with slim chance of survival, I joined a small virtual group dedicated to finding ways to secretly bypass rules set by the computer in a state of desperation and anger.

I made friends on there, but there were signs it would be only a matter of time before the computer caught on. I sold out the individual members names and locations in fear of being caught myself. It was a wonder the group even managed to live as short as it did without being caught sooner. I'm not even sure if I got out anonymous or if the computers have decided to keep me alive for some purpose.

I never heard of any of the old members after that, and my brother died of cancer one month later.

I act like a ball of sunshine, really! Anyone would be overjoyed to have me in their company. Yet people still call me dishonest, unethical, and erratic. A troublemaker. Perhaps they are right, hm?

I don't like taking myself or others too seriously. What's the point if you can't poke a little fun at life, right?

I am related to a mother and a father who I frankly find boring and dull. I'm sure they're not too particularly fond of me either.
I'm a master of visual imagination, coming up with creative ideas, and adapting to new situations but I'm also lazy, unmotivated and absent minded towards the physical enviroment.

If I were a song, I would sound like Bird Song by Florence and the Machine.
People say that I remind them of Caelestis
Caelestis
Caelestis
Dreamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down